Friday, May 8, 2009

2 Year Well Child Check

Anderson had his two year well child check. The doctor said that he looked great and that his lungs sounded clear. Music to my ears to hear that his lungs sounded good. The doctor and I laughed because I really think that is the first time in Anderson's life that the doctor has said that.

Anderson weighed in at a whooping 24 pounds that puts him in the 5th percentile for weight. Taking his current measurements they predict Anderson will be 5'9". The doctor thinks that he will be taller and that he is small right now because of his allergies and the respiratory illness that he has had. We will see but for right now he still gets to rear face in the car and wear his 12 months size shorts!!

At the end of the exam the doctor asked how Anderson's speech was coming along. Since Anderson had not said one word the entire time the doctor had reason to be concerned. I told him that he was talking a lot but that he was kind of hard to understand. Since I am a proud mother I did share that he can identify the entire alphabet. The doctor said that was great! Just as he was getting ready to walk out of the room Anderson decided to talk. He reached up patted my chest and said Breasts, Mommies Breasts. Well, said the doctor I guess he knows body parts too. Yep that is my boy!


Oh, and I finally did it. Anderson received his MMR. I am glad to have that over with. I am a really big wimp about immunizations but he will be fully immunized by the time he goes to school!

1 comment:

the Schrofs... said...

Of course he says Breasts when he finally decides to talk. That's hillarious! At least it wasn't a cuss word...pretty sure my kids would do that.

Ange