Monday, December 14, 2009

Tenderness

This holiday season I have found my heart to be very tender as Justin and I have prayed as a family for so may people that we love dearly who have faced some very hard trials this year. We have prayed for my cousin Patti and her babies lauren, who passed away shortly after birth and baby Ryan who was born very premature. We have prayed for Quinn and Jana who lost little Cooper and for their family. We have also prayed for my cousin Dalton and his family as he has been through Chemo to fight Cancer. We have found ourselves to be heartbroken at may points this last summer but have also found much to be thankful for.

Just the other day during one of my moments which, by the way always come with tears sweet Anderson came and wrapped his little arms around my leg and said " mom, Jesus loves you". It is so amazing to me to watch my child who seems to understand that when we are sad or suffering pain that is when Jesus loves us most! If only I had the understanding of a child!

This holiday season I am thankful for all that I have learned this year! I am thankful for the tender moments that I have had. I am thankful that Baby Ryan and Dalton are doing well! I am thankful for the impact that Cooper, Quinn and Jana have had on our life. I am thankful that we have learned to appreciate the little things in life. I have tried hard to be a little more patient with my children and to let them know each day how much I love them. They are the greatest gift that we have!! I am grateful for the birth of our Savior and have found it so much easier this year to focus on the true meaning of Christmas. I am thankful for Justin, he is is the best husband and dad and I do not know what I would do with out him! I am thankful for our families and for all that they do for us!




I can't get enough of these two!

1 comment:

Colleen said...

Beautifully said, Maris! You have a great family! Cute, cute pictures.