Tuesday, February 24, 2009

A Day In The Life

7:30 Anderson wakes up and call us from his crib. We all wake up including Adalayde. Justin gets up with Anderson and changes his poo diaper. I have Anderson trained so well. I stay in bed and feed Adalayde and pump. Justin feeds Anderson breakfast and I feed Adalayde some cereal and squash. I unload the dishwasher, clean up breakfast and make beds. We all get ready and dressed.

8:40 Out the door. Adaladye and I go to her appointment. Anderson can not come because he screams bloody murder when they give Adalayde her shots. So, Justin takes Anderson to Liesl's. He is thrilled and can't wait to see Piercey.

9:30 I pick up Anderson and we go to playgroup over at the church. Anderson loves going and playing with all the kids.

11:00 We get home. Adalayde is asleep so Anderson and I do puzzzles and shoot baskets. ANDERSON AND I ARE NOT WATCHING T.V DURING THE WEEK! This is a new thing and it is hard but I feel that Anderson behaves better when we don't watch t.v. We listen to music instead and then on the weekend he can watch SIGNING TIME.

12:00 Adalayde wakes up. I nurse her and feed Anderson lunch. He wants to eat peas and apparently I live with an ape. He takes the pods and shreds them with his teeth. He then eats the peas out and throw the pods on the floor. I guess he is not sure how humans behave. So, Off to time out. He gets out and we clean up the mess together. THIS HAPPENS EVERY SINGLE DAY. Time out for food throwing!

12:30 We read books and he snuggles up with me and we sing BABY MINE. This and before bed at night when we do the same thing is my very favorite time of day with Anderson. I love holding him close and cuddeling with him!

1:00 Nap time! Anderson loves his bed and when the time comes he waves and tells us bye. I swaddle Adalayde and put her down. The guy who bought our house and his inspector show up. NAP TIME IS WASTED! The buyer asked me a bunch of questions and made small talk for 2 hours. HONESTLY, he is a nice guy but come on!

3:00 Adalayde wakes up. I love this time with Adalayde I nurse her and talk to her and enjoy the time with just the two of us.

4:00 Anderson wakes up and is hungry but, I need to change Adalaydes poo diaper. While I am doing this Anderson figures out a new trick and opens the cupboard. He gets out the cookies and is sitting on the floor eatting them as fast as he possibly can.


It made me laugh so I got out the camera to take pictures. While I was taking pictures Adalayde also had a little trick up her sleeve. She pulled over the tree on the island and was about to eat the dirt.


Ok, my house was all clean for the inspection and dinner was already to go in the oven. My house was about to be destroyed and it was a nice day outside. So, I decided to take the kids on a walk. I had the table set for dinner and turned on the ovem. I had it all planned out. We would walk for 45 minutes. Come home at 5:00 put dinner in the oven. It would be done at 5:30 just as Justin got home.
We leave on our walk and the kids are loving the outdoors. We walk and get home just in time! Just in time to realize, I DON'T HAVE MY KEYS! Thats right locked out with the two kids. Thank goodness it was still pretty warm. I called Justin and told him that he had to come home and let us in. We play outside until he gets home. Anderson is a disaster mud, dirt, runny nose you name it!
5:30 Justin gets home and unlocks the house. I put dinner in the oven, nurse Adalayde and feed Anderson. Again he wants more peas and again he throws a lot of them. Again he goes to time out. Adalayde gets cereal and more squash. She loves it!
6:00 We eat, I clean up and Justin and Anderson go down to shoot baskets and wrestle. I give Adalayde a bath and get Andersons medicine ready.
7:00 I go to Young Women. Justin gives Anderson and bath and takes care of Adalayde while I am gone. He reads books and prays with Anderson. I am always sad on Tuesday night because I don't get to snuggle with Anderson before bed.
7:45 Anderson sleeps
8:00 My phone rings it is Justin and Adalayde she is screaming. Luckily the church is close. I walk in and she hears my voice and stops! Stinker, She loves her mommy. I can't say that I mind! I change yet another poo diaper and nurse her. While I was nursing her she would stop and just look at me and smile and laugh. It was like she was saying thanks for coming home Mom! It is moments like that and when I get to snuggle with Anderson that it is all so worth it. They are so much fun and Justin and I spend so much time laughing and talking about our kids. WHAT WOULD A DAY BE LIKE WITH OUT THEM? WAY TO BORING!
10:00 It is my bed time. I will not be back on duty until 7:30 and then we start over. I am so thankful to have a husband who supports my decision to stay home. I truely enjoy every minute of it!









No comments: