Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Duggar Detergent

I don't watch much t.v and never watch it during the day but, at night when I nurse Adalayde I like to watch it. My favorite stuff to watch is on TLC. They have great programs like adoption stories, mystery diagnosis, Jon and Kate Plus 8 and 18 Kids and Counting. 18 Kids and counting is about a family named the Duggars. They have 18 children and are pretty amazing. Most amazing is that they live debt free. If they do not have the cash they don't buy it. They built their own beautiful house and work together as a family to accomplish lots of stuff. They have very strict rules and standards and Liesl andI are totally intrigued by them.

About a month agao the show was on how they budget. One of the things that they do is make their own laundry soap. It is all natural and they gave the recipe to make it. I am a pretty big laundry snob and will only buy cheer, tide and dreft. I am very picky about how my laundry is done and wash my kids clothes seperate from our clothes. So in our home we do a lot of laundry! I can't imagine what the Duggars must do or my mom for that matter.

I have also been trying to go more green in our home. Use natural cleaners and buy as much organic as possible. I have tried several of the green laundry soaps and have not been impressed. So, I decided to try the duggar family soap recipe out. I made it on Saturday and have been using it since. Yesterday we put it to the ultimate test Adaladye had a blow out and Anderson vomited last night. Normally I would soak these clothes but since it was just pajamas and a onesie I rinsed them and put them in the washing machine.

Well, it worked the clothes were perfectly clean not a spot on them. I did make it without any sent and do miss that. I might try to add some sent to it and see how I like it. So far my clothes are clean and I am very happy with the results. Especially the cost which is $2.10 for a 180 loads of laundry!!

1 comment:

Megan said...

Maris I want the detergent recipe. If it works and I can save money, GREAT! I am a big time detergent snob as well. I am a strictly liquid tide girl! Post the recipe and I will try it too!